MEET DORIE GREENSPAN! FOUR EVENTS THIS WEEKEND!
We love Betty because she’s predictable; it’s what made the Cooky Book a generational staple. But you love Dorie Greenspan because she’ll surprise you, and that’s why her new cookbook, Dorie’s Cookies is a must-have for everyone who loves cookies – or loves someone who loves cookies.
No one ever outgrows the need for a snickerdoodle, but who could fail to be tempted by Dorie’s “Pink Peppercorn Thumbprints,” “Cocoa-Tahini Cookies with Sesame Crunch,” or Moroccan Semolina and Almond cookies,” 10 riffs on brownies, the “Beurre and Sel collection” of recipes from Greenspan’s East Harlem cookie boutique, buckwheat based cookies, waffle cookies, bars, meringues, and an entire chapter of cocktail cookies.
Clocking in at 170 recipes, Dorie’s Cookies is more than a cookbook; it’s a treasury.
The hallmark of Greenspan’s recipes is that they’re familiar enough to keep your feet under you as you try something new, but sufficiently novel to delight you. If anything looks dicey, Dorie gets there first with coaching tips to help you get it right. You’ll be nailing these wonderful cookies and knocking people’s socks off right and left this holiday season.
Fair warning: Santa will be in line at all of the San Francisco Bay Area events, getting copies of Dorie’s Cookies inscribed for the very best girls and boys – he knows a terrific gift when he sees one. Join the Fat Man and have Dorie inscribe a book especially for your friends, too.
SATURDAY – NOVEMBER 12
12:00 – 2:00 p.m.
- A cookie pop-up, including a book signing, tastings from the book and conversation with Dorie!
- The Market Hall Bakery with be sampling cookies from the book, and you’ll receive a free cookie with every book purchase. Also: a cookie decorating demo and samples of cookie add-in ingredients.
- Free, except for purchases.
- Talk and book signing at this iconic San Francisco cookbook store.
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 13
DRAEGER’S MARKET – 222 East 4th Avenue – San Mateo
12:00 – 2:00 p.m.
- Book signing –With proof of purchase, enjoy wine and cookie samples.
3:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Book signing and tasting event includes authors and chefs Teri Sandison (Eat Your Books), Paula Wolfert, Dorie Greenspan, Joyce Goldstein, Amy Guittard (The Guittard Chocolate Cookbook), Georgeanne Brennan, and many others — sipping, sampling, schmoozing, and signing.
- Hosted by Les Dames d’Escoffier of San Francisco.
- This is a ticketed event – but tickets are only $10; you’ll break even on the wine samples alone.
And after that…
…meet Dorie in Los Angeles, Seattle, Rhode Island, Boston, and Chicago. Use this link to Dorie’s website and follow the cookies.